If you would like to add useful information about your
organisation, projects, resources or ideas etc, please click here.
1. "Energyshare" - Many Transition Towns are competing for funding from "Energyshare". Details can be found at http://www.energyshare.com
If you want to vote, sign on at http://www.energyshare.com/voting
Transition Tynedale have contacted us to ask for votes for their 3 projects that are still in the running along side the 16 other competing projects. Their projects are:
'Large' category - Hexham River Hydro (Transition Tynedale) http://www.energyshare.com/hrh/
'Medium' category - Portobello & Leith Community Wind Energy Project (PEDAL (Portobello Transition Town) http://www.energyshare.com/portobello-leith-community-wind-energy-project/
'Small' category - Shrewsbury Hydro (Transition Town Shrewsbury) http://www.energyshare.com/shrewsbury-hydro/
2. RENEW (Radnorshire Enterprise for Nature, Education & Wellbeing) is based at the Victorian Walled Garden, Doldowlod, Powys and offers a range of Training Courses & Events to encourage and promote sustainable living. You can find their website at http://renew.midwales.org.uk
3. In Transition 2 film crowd funding call:
It takes a community to make a community film. The 'In Transition 2.0' film production team announces its first ever crowd funding campaign! Help us raise funds to pay film makers around the world to tell stories showing what Transition looks like in Brazil, Portugal, US, Canada, New Zealand and Japan. Hear about the film's progress and how you can get involved.
4. Cywarch Cymru - Hemp Wales
Members of Transition Town Llandeilo started a Hemp Group in 2007 and this aroused considerable interest. However, the climate of the Tywi valley is not absolutely ideal for hemp production, and considering the considerable bureaucratic obstacles to producing hemp, a wider focus drawing in farmers around Wales seems more appropriate than a local group and such an initiative is now getting started. http://www.transitiontownllandeilo.org.uk/whats_new.htm
5. Part-Time Carnivore has a new website. It encourages people to commit to reduced meat consumption as well as educating them about problems caused by intensively farmed and imported meat. You can find the website at http://www.parttimecarnivore.org
6. Otesha - a youth-led organisation that helps young people to become agents of change, inspiring others to take small actions which add up to big change towards a cleaner, greener and fairer world. http://www.otesha.org.uk/